Farmers' Market Color Counting Game
Submitted by: masamom
Recognize fruits and vegetables and classify them by color.
30 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Counting Colors Tally Sheet (One per child/group. Use picture as example.)
- Clipboard (One per child/group)
- Markers (One per child/group)
- Before field trip, discuss different types of fruits and vegetables. Discuss the colors of these fruits and vegetables.
- Once at Farmers' Market, give each child/group a Counting Colors Tally Sheet, a clipboard, and a marker.
- Demonstrate how to record tally marks under each color when a fruit/vegetable of that color is seen.
- At the end of the field trip, help each group count how many fruits and vegetables of each color were seen.
- Compare results with other students/groups. Ask questions like "Who saw the most red fruits and vegetables?" and " Who saw the least blue fruits and vegetables?"
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills