Sports Balls Sorting
Submitted by: masamom
Sorting by size and/or shape.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Assortment of sports balls (Need balls of different colors and sizes)
- 2 Buckets or containers (For sorting)
- Begin by putting out all the balls for exploration. Encourage kids to look at the sizes, shapes, and colors.
- Tell children they will be sorting the balls by size: big and small.
- Label one bucket "Big" and the other "Small".
- Let children take turns picking a ball and placing it in the correct bin.
- Continue until all balls have been correctly sorted.
- Repeat activity based on shape: round or other shape.
- Repeat steps 3-5.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison