Submitted by: masamom
Experiment with different sports balls to determine which balls bounce.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Assortment of sports balls (Need balls that bounce and balls that don't bounce)
- Put out an assortment of sports balls for exploration.
- Encourage children to test the balls one at a time to determine if the ball bounces.
- As balls are tested, separate them into two piles: bounces and doesn't bounce.
- Continue until all children have tested all balls for bouncing.
- Gross motor skills » Ball skills
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison