Arts & Crafts
Stuffed Sports Ball
Submitted by: masamom
Create a three-dimensional sports ball.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Thick paper (2 pieces per child)
- Scissors (Adult Use Only)
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Stapler and staples (Adult Use Only)
- Cotton batting (or other filler)
- Begin by drawing a simple sports ball shape on paper. Cut out two for each child.
- Have kids color both ball shapes.
- Staple ball shapes together, leaving a small opening to insert the filling. Make sure the colored sides face out before stapling. Stapling should be down by an adult.
- Have child stuff ball to desired level of fullness.
- After ball is stuffed, an adult should staple the remaining space closed.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination