Interactive Map Mat
Submitted by: Susanna
Introduce your child to maps and geography.
18 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 piece Cardboard (Large)
- 1 Markers (For you to draw the map. It can be a permanent marker unless you want your child to draw with you.)
- Small Toys (Cars, blocks, legos, toys or anything to fill in the map.)
- Draw roads, mountains and rivers on your piece of cardboard. Be sure to leave plenty of space for block-made buildings, etc.
- Bring out all the toys that you think would fit on your map. Help your child set up different buildings, a zoo, or anything you like. Then play by driving the car/dolls to different locations.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination