Find the Animals
Submitted by: Susanna
A fun way to re-enforce the animal vocabulary that you and your child have discovered in books.
12 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 3 or more Books with animal pictures (It is best if your child is very familiar with these books)
- Lay out the books on a flat surface.
- Choose an animal that is on the cover of one of the books and ask your child, "where is the ____ (cat, for example)?"
- If your child finds it easily, ask about an animal that is IN one of the books. "Where is the dog?" If he or she can't find it, help them by saying, "Is it in this book? Open it and see." Help them until they find it.
- Continue with other animals.
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Language & communication » Language development » Gesturing & speaking
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge