Easter Egg Hunt
Submitted by: Susanna
Searching for eggs is a favorite Easter past-time.
18 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Eggs (plast or hard-boiled are both good, but hard-boiled will go bad if they aren't found, and are a bit messy if they break)
- Candy (or small toys to go inside plastic eggs)
- Basket (or Bag)
- Before your child is around (during nap time or before they wake up), hide the eggs in a specific area. Make sure the eggs are all somewhat visible.
- Tell your child that there are eggs hidden all around the ____ (front yard, living room, etc.). And you will help him or her find them.
- Take your basket and search for the eggs. If your child has trouble, describe the location to him or her. "Did you look under the bush?"
- Once the hunt is done, count your eggs together to make sure you found them all. If you have toys inside, enjoy opening the eggs and finding the toys together.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Gross motor skills » Walking
- Gross motor skills » Standing
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination