Submitted by: Susanna
A card game that you can use to teach anything from numbers to animal names.
0 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- 1 Deck of Cards (other flash cards (or Uno cards) can be used, as long as you have doubles of each card)
- Pick out two cards of each number 1-4 (or A-4 if using normal cards). To make it simpler for your child, make sure that the matching numbers also match in color.
- Lay the eight cards face-down on a flat surface.
- Ask your child to turn over one card. When he or she does, ask, "What number is it?" If your child can't answer, answer for them, or help them count.
- Then say, "can you find the other ____ (4)? Pick up another card. Is it the same number? No, it's a three. Now it's my turn."
- Take your turn describing what you're doing as you go. Then tell your child it's their turn again.
- When you or your child find a matching pair, keep the two cards. The player with the most pairs wins.