Submitted by: Susanna
Teach your child about Easter using this fun game.
30 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 Empty egg cartons
- 12 Plastic eggs
- 1 Permanent marker (to number the eggs)
- 1 Leaf (to represent palm sunday)
- 1 Thimble (to represent the last supper)
- 1 Tissue (to represent Jesus crying in the garden)
- 3 Silver coins (such as nickles) (to represent the silver that Judas was paid)
- 1 piece Twine (to represent the whip)
- 1 Twig (twisted into a circle) (to represent the crown of thorns)
- 1 Small Cross
- 1 Die (to represent the soldiers gambling for Jesus' clothes)
- 1 piece Kitchen sponges (to represent Jesus saying he was thirsty)
- 1 bottle Perfume (to represent the women who went to the tomb to take care of Jesus' body)
- Number the eggs from 1-12 with the permanent marker.
- Put each item in one of the eggs keeping the last egg empty to represent the empty tomb.
- Have your child open each egg and ask them if they understand why the item is there. If not, explain it.
- When you get to the last egg, act really surprised. "It's empty! Why is it empty?" Explain the empty tomb to your child.
- Each time you play, allow your child to explain what he or she remembers.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Language & communication » Language development » Gesturing & speaking