Tie Daddy's Shoes
Submitted by: Susanna
A daily activity to help your child have time with daddy or mommy before going to work. This will also help them learn how to tie shoes.
36 - 60 months
1 - 1 tots
- 1 pair Laced shoes
- When you put your shoes on in the morning, ask your child for help with tying the laces.
- Allow them to play with the laces for a bit, then show them how they cross the laces to tie a knot.
- Once they understand the first knot, show them how to loop the laces. Loop both laces and then tie the loops in a knot.
- As they master the simple bow (two loops tied in a knot), move on to the more advance bow. One loop, around the loop and through the hole.
- This can be a fun daily tradition that they will slowly master.
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness