Letter Matching Eggs
Submitted by: masamom
Colorful eggs help children identify upper case and lower case letters. Can even have an Alphabet Egg Hunt first!
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 26 Plastic eggs (You need the eggs that come apart into two pieces.)
- 1 Permanent Marker
- 1 Large plastic bowl (To hold eggs)
- Prior to activity: Write uppercase letter on top half of egg. Then, write matching lowercase letter on bottom half of egg.
- Take all eggs apart. Place egg halves into a large container.
- Have kids take turns finding matching uppercase and lowercase letters to make a whole egg.
- After completing an egg, ask child to identify the letter and its sound.
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Alphabet knowledge
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation