Arts & Crafts
Torn-Paper Rainbow Fish
Submitted by: masamom
Create a fish using the torn-paper art technique.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 piece Blue Construction Paper (1 per child)
- 1 pack Construction paper (Assorted colors)
- 1 Wiggly eye (1 per child)
- 1 piece Aluminum foil (Cut 1 foil triangle for each child.)
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 Permanent marker
- Zip top bags (1 per torn paper color)
- Give children a variety of colors of construction paper to tear into small pieces. Place torn paper in bags for later use.
- Give each child a blue piece of construction paper.
- Draw an oval-shaped fish body in the middle of the blue paper.
- Glue torn paper pieces all over fish body. Allow to dry.
- Once dried, glue one foil triangle onto fish body.
- Glue one wiggly eye onto fish body.
- Allow to dry at least 20 minutes.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation