Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: masamom
Create a simple sailboat using basic geometric shapes.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 piece Brown construction paper (1 per child)
- 1 piece Red construction paper (1 per child)
- 1 piece Blue construction paper (1 per child)
- 1 pack Markers (Assorted Colors)
- 1 pair Safety scissors
- 1 pair Adult scissors
- 1 Glue stick
- Cut a semi-circle from brown construction paper.
- Cut a large triangle from red construction paper.
- Glue semi-circle onto blue construction paper with flat edge on top.
- Glue red triangle about 2 inches above semi-circle.
- Set aside to dry at least 10 minutes.
- Once dry, draw a line to connect red triangle to brown semi-circle.
- Draw waves on blue paper if desired.
- Allow to dry at least 10 minutes.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Geometry & spatial sense
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation