Transportation Sorting Game
Submitted by: masamom
Sort objects based on common characteristics such as land, air or sea transportation.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 3 pieces Construction paper (Any color)
- 1 Marker (Any color)
- Assortment of air, land and sea toy vehicles
- Create "Land", "Air, and "Sea" signs using construction paper and marker.
- Spread out signs from step 1 on floor or table
- Put assortment of toy vehicles in a pile in front of kids.
- Begin activity by reading signs and placing the first vehicle in each category (i.e. airplane in air, boat in sea, and truck in land).
- Have children take turns picking a vehicle and sorting it into the correct category. If children are unsure where to put vehicle, discuss it together to decide the correct category.
- Play continues until all vehicles have been sorted.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Fine motor skills » Grasp