Submitted by: masamom
Use household ingredients to make homemade toothpaste.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 tablespoon Baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Flavored extracts
- 1 Plastic mixing bowl
- 1 set Measuring spoons
- 1 Mixing Spoon
- 1 Toothbrush
- Measure 1 tablespoon baking soda into plastic mixing bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of water to form a paste.
- Add a 1/4 teaspoon flavored extract to mixture. You may add less flavoring or omit entirely if desired.
- Use mixing spoon to mix all three ingredients together. Mix well.
- Using toothbrushes from home, practice brushing with homemade toothpaste.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison
- Fine motor skills
- Self help » Hygiene