Arts & Crafts
Pine Cone Bird Feeder
Submitted by: Linda O
Fine Motor Skills along with interest and knowledge of birds are hatched with this activity.
18 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Pine cone
- 1 Pipe cleaner (or ribbon, 18 inches)
- 1/2 C Peanut butter (Organic, no added sugar)
- 1 Popsicle stick (Craft stick)
- 1/8 c Birdseed (Optional)
- 1 Paper plate (Optional)
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the large end of the pine cone. Twist to secure.
- Create a loop on the unsecured end of the pipe cleaner.
- Use the popsicle stick to spread the peanut butter within the crevices of the pine cone.
- Discuss the need for "safe" bird food (no additives, no refined sugar) with your child.
- Optional: Sprinkle the birdseed on the pinecone.
- Hang your new bird feeder where your child can observe bird activity.