Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: Linda O
Small motor skills are used to create this decoration, which can be used for many holidays.
18 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 5 Construction paper (Sheets of differently colors, can match a theme)
- 1 Paper cutter (or scissors)
- 1 Glue stick (or stapler)
- Markers (optional to decorate the paper)
- Cut construction paper in to 1" strips, preferably about 6" long
- Create circle with first strip. Secure with glue stick or staple.
- Loop second strip through circle made by first strip. Secure with glue stick or staple.
- Continue adding strips/circles until desired length is reached.
- Attach the paper chain somewhere in the room for decoration
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness