Arts & Crafts
My Snow Dome
Submitted by: sumana
You can make your own snow dome which can be kept as a show piece at home.
0 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- 1 cup Glycerine
- 4 cups Water
- 1 Glass jars & bottles (Airtight)
- Clay (Modelling, as many colors as needed)
- 1 bottle Glitter (Sparkles or glitter)
- 1 Popsicle sticks (Or ice-cream)
- Acrylic paint
- Markers (Permanent if adult supervises)
- Take an airtight jar.
- Mix one cup of glycerine and four cups of water together. Fill the jar halfway.
- Take a popsicle stick. Paint dark colors on the stick and use marker to draw some lines that look like tall buildings. Can repeat if multiple sticks available.
- Now take the cap of the jar and stick the clay inside the cap. Mold the clay to look like a landscape.
- Now place the sticks in the clay so that they stand like tall buildings.
- Put it some glitter into the jar to make it sparkle.
- Shut the jar very tightly.
- Shake it and see how beautiful it looks.
- Have fun.