Arts & Crafts
Penguin Sponge Painting
Submitted by: sumana
Use sponge-painting technique to create a penguin
24 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- 1 Penguin stencil (1 per child)
- 1 Kitchen sponge (1 per child)
- 1 Craft paint (Assorted colors)
- 1 bag Cotton balls
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 piece Cardstock- any color (1 per child)
- 1 Paperplate (1 per color)
- Prior to beginning, trace penguin stencil on cardstock.
- Prior to beginning, pour one color craft paint on each plate.
- Dip sponge into desired color and gently dab on face, wings, and feet of penguin.
- Apply glue to the body of penguin and attach cotton balls to form the belly.
- Set aside to dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp