Arts & Crafts
My Animal Flip Book
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
This activity will help your child to create his own flip book using old calendars from home.
30 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Calendar (any calendar from home)
- 12 Construction paper (Amount of paper depends on the size of your calendar)
- 1 pair Scissors
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 animal chart or pictures of animals
- Cut the construction paper into 12 rectangles that are the same size as the calendar.
- Ask your child to glue the construction paper rectagles on each page of the calendar (12 months)
- Instruct your child to cut different animal pictures.
- Let you child glue two pictures on each page to the left hand side of the flip book. The right hand side can be used to make notes about the animals.
- Your child will now have their very own book about animals!
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Print concepts & conventions
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Language & communication » Language development