Arts & Crafts
Match the Beaks
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
This activity will help your child to understand and identify different types of birds by looking at their beaks. Improve observation skills, bird watching skills and also recognizing birds with this fun matching game.
- 1 Cardstock
- 1 Pens
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 Scissors
- 1 Pictures of beaks and birds (Browse web for content)
- Cut cardstock into 15 rectangles.
- Glue pictures of beaks onto 5 cards (you can create as many you want).
- Draw lines on 10 cards, as shown in the picture, to make notes.
- On the lined cards, write the names of each beak corresponding to it's picture on 5 cards. Write the significance of the beaks on the remaining 5 cards.
- Create labels with the names of the birds as shown in the picture.
- Now mix up all the cards.
- Show your child how to match the beaks, pictures, labels and significance.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Language & communication » Language development