Arts & Crafts
Our Own Bookmarks
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
Enhance your child's love of reading by helping them make their very own bookmark!
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 piece Paper (Thick paper)
- 1 pair Scissors
- Colored pencils
- Tinsel (Any glittering material)
- Construction paper (any color)
- 1 bottle Glue
- Cut the paper into a long strip of any shape.
- Color the borders of the strip with crayons or colored pencils.
- Cut thin, short strips of construction paper. Roll the strips to form a design (flower) as shown in the image. Then, glue your design (flower) at one end of the bookmark.
- Create your own design and glue it at the other end of the strip.
- You can also glue on some pieces of tinsels to make it shiny!
- Place on a flat surface until the glue is dry.
- Get ready to read, your bookmark is finished!
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination