Arts & Crafts
Button Greeting Card
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
Your child can make an adorable greeting card using old or unused shirt buttons!
12 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 2 Construction paper (any two colors)
- Colored pencils (Or pens)
- Buttons (Shirt buttons of multiple colors)
- 1 botle Glue
- 1 piece Paper (Plain White)
- Fold the construction paper in the center like a book. Cut the plain white paper into a rectangle that is smaller than the folded construction paper.
- Glue the small white rectangle on the top cover of the folded paper.
- Draw the patterns as shown in the image.
- Glue the buttons at the end of each pattern.
- Cut another smaller size of rectangular white paper and glue it inside the folded construction paper.
- Your card is ready! Write your greeting inside!
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Phonological awareness
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Print concepts & conventions
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Patterns
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Language & communication » Language development
- Social & emotional development » Social connections