Submitted by: Susanna
Experience different textures with your feet.
18 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 Foot
- Variety of textured items (Some ideas: sand paper, velvet, bubble wrap, satin, burlap, etc.)
- Lay all of your textured items on the floor.
- Take off your socks and show your child how to feel the different textures with your feet.
- Invite your child to join you. As you walk on the different textures, talk about what you're feeling. "Ooh, it's rough. Wow, this is bumpy. Ooh, this is silky!"
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Gross motor skills » Walking
- Gross motor skills » Standing
- Sensory processing » Touch » Textures