The Colors of Light
Submitted by: Susanna
Experiment with color mixing using light.
18 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 3 Plastic bags (fully transparent with no logo)
- 3 Markers (Red, Blue and Yellow)
- Rubber bands
- 1 Flashlight
- 1 piece Paper (White paper to use as a background to show the colors)
- Use the markers to color the plastic bag. Each bag should be a different color.
- Talk about the different colors. Put the bags against the white paper to show the color and even how the colors mix.
- Have your child bring you the red bag. Put the bag on the end of the flashlight and secure it with a rubber band. Turn of the lights. Turn on the flashlight. It's red light! Have your child bring the blue bag and secure the blue bag over the red one. It's purple light!
- Continue with other color combinations.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Sensory processing » Sight