Arts & Crafts
Water Bottle Piggy Bank
Submitted by: masamom
Create a piggy bank from household items.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Empty water bottle
- 1 pack Construction paper
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 pair Scissors
- 5 Water bottle lids
- 1 Pipe cleaner
- 1 Sharp knife- To cut coin opening (Adult Use Only)
- 1 Clear tape
- 1 Double-sided tape
- Rinse bottle with soapy water. Allow to dry completely.
- Wrap desired color construction paper around middle of bottle to form piggy bank body. Secure with clear tape.
- Cut eyes, ears and nostrils from construction paper.
- Attach eyes and ears onto bottle with glue stick. Use the end with the opening as the head of the bank.
- Glue nostrils onto water bottle lid. Twist lid onto bottle to form nose.
- Use clear tape to attach pipe cleaner to bottom of bottle to form tail. Curl pipe cleaner around finger to make tail curly, if desired.
- Use double-sided tape to attach four water bottle lids to bottom of bottle to create legs.
- ADULT: Use sharp knife to cut slit in top of bottle to create coin slot.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination