Chore Jar Game
Submitted by: masamom
Encourage kids to help with household chores by turning housework into a simple game.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Construction paper
- Clear tape
- Jar (Use plastic container with younger kids.)
- Discuss with kids the importance of helping with household chores. Ask kids what chores they think they could help with. Make a list of those chores.
- Help children create and decorate a "Chore Jar" label. Once finished, attach to jar or container with clear tape.
- Using the chores from the list made in step one, write one chore per slip of construction paper. You want these slips small enough to fold and put inside jar.
- Once chore slips are in "Chore Jar", ask each child to draw 3 slips. These will be the child's chores for the day/week. You can certainly change the number of chores based on your child.
- Kids play the game by completing their chores. Each child that finishes their chores wins! You can make it a race between kids to have a single winner if desired.