Fill My Letter Bucket
Submitted by: masamom
Develop initial sound fluency.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Bucket, box or container
- Construction paper
- Clear tape
- Ask your child to help you create a "My Letter Bucket" label.
- Attach label to front of bucket, box or container.
- Decide what your letter of the day will be. Discuss that letter, its sound, and things that begin with that letter.
- Encourage your child to search for things beginning with the letter of the day to fill the letter bucket.
- Language & communication » Language development
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Alphabet knowledge
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Phonological awareness
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity