Submitted by: masamom
Creating and copying patterns.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Assorted dry pasta (Several different shapes noodles.)
- Construction paper
- Container (To hold noodles)
- Create a game play board by drawing two equal rows of boxes. Use picture for example.
- Each player grabs a handful of noodles.
- The first player creates a pattern in the first row of boxes.
- The second player uses his or her noodles to recreate the same pattern in the second row of boxes.
- After recreating the first player's pattern, the second player clears the board and creates a new pattern in the first row of boxes.
- Play continues as long as desired.
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Patterns
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness