Submitted by: masamom
Observe physical changes in play-dough.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- White play dough
- Food coloring
- Zip top bags
- Ahead of time, prepare magic dough balls by making a small ball of white play dough. Make a well in the white play dough ball using your thumb. Drop a few drops of food coloring and a bit of glitter in well. Gentle fold play dough over to cover well. Be careful not to knead as this will start the "magic". Store in bags until ready.
- Give each child a bag of Magic Dough.
- After kids take ball out of bag, ask them to describe the ball.
- Have kids begin kneading dough to start "magic".Continue to knead until change is obvious.
- After "magic", ask kids to discuss how the dough looks different now. Discuss how the dough changed from the beginning to the end.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Language & communication » Language development