Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: masamom
Create a refreshing watermelon slice, which can be used as decoration for summer parties.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Paper plate
- Green construction paper
- Washable red paint
- Washable black paint
- Glue stick
- Cotton swabs
- Cut a paper plate in half.
- Paint paper plate half red. Allow to dry at least 20 minutes.
- While paint dries, tear green construction paper into small pieces.
- Once red paint is dry, glue torn green paper around edge of plate to create watermelon rind.
- Dip cotton swab in black paint. Dot cotton swab on red to create watermelon seeds.
- Let dry completely.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation