Arts & Crafts
Origami Leaf and Caterpillar
Submitted by: Susanna
A very simple origami that is fun to play with.
24 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 piece of green origami paper
- 1 strip of colored paper (for the caterpillar)
- 1 straw (to blow the caterpillar so he "walks.")
- 1 Markers
- Fold the green piece of origami paper in half to make a triangle.
- Fold up the right corner of the triangle, creasing it.
- Fold down the top corner of the triangle about an inch.
- Flip the origami over and fold down the top corner of the triangle about an inch.
- Unfold the triangle to create the leaf. Fold the colored strip like a fan to make a caterpillar. Draw a face with a marker. Use a straw to blow the caterpillar on the leaf to "walk."
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills