Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: masamom
Create a unique turkey using child's handprint
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Washable Paint (Any fall colors will work.)
- Orange and black markers
- Paper plate (For paint palette)
- Paintbrushes (1 brush per color)
- Paper towels (For wiping off paint)
- Put a small amount of each paint color on paper plate palette.
- Paint thumb and palm brown.
- Paint each of the four fingers a different color.
- Place hand on cardstock. Gently press down with other hand to create a hand-print.
- Dip one finger in red paint. Make a horizontal fingerprint under the thumb to form the turkey's waddle.
- Use paper towels to wipe paint off hands.
- Set aside to dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Once dry, use markers to draw eyes, beak, and feet on turkey.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Sensory processing » Touch
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination