Arts & Crafts
Paper Plate Cracked Jack-O-Lantern
Submitted by: masamom
Create a festive jack-o-lantern decoration to celebrate Halloween.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Orange Washable Paint
- Paper plate
- Yellow construction paper
- Green construction paper
- Scissors (Child use)
- Squirt orange paint into center of paper plate.
- Have child use paintbrush to paint entire paper plate orange. Set aside to dry at least 20 minutes.
- While paint is drying, have child cut eyes, nose, and mouth from yellow construction paper and a stem from green construction paper.
- Once paint is dry, glue eyes, nose, mouth & stem onto plate to complete jack o lantern. Dried paint will create a cracked mosaic look.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Geometry & spatial sense
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination