Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: Susanna
Fold your Santa out of paper. Makes a great Christmas card.
48 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 2 Origami paper (colored on one side only)
- Take one sheet of origami paper. With the colored side of the paper facing up, fold two edges of the paper in a quarter of the way toward the center.
- Turn your paper over and fold the unfolded edges to the center.
- From the center fold, fold down the two corners at an angle.
- Fold the top of the project down three-fourths of the way.
- The body of your santa is finished.
- Take the second piece of origami. With the colored side up, fold two adjacent edges inward just enough to show some white.
- Fold down the point opposite the folded white edges.
- Turn the paper over.
- Fold the left corner inward at an angle.
- Fold the right corner inward at an angle.
- Fold the top of the hat downward at an angle.
- Attach your santa hat to your santa body!
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation