Arts & Crafts
Dental Hygiene Tooth Craft
Submitted by: masamom
Discuss proper dental hygiene while creating a cute craft.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- White or off-white construction paper
- Yellow chalk
- Cheap toothbrushes
- Ahead of time, cut tooth shapes from construction paper.
- Discuss the importance of proper dental hygiene. Talk to kids about how plaque builds up on teeth. Tell kids we brush our teeth to remove plaque.
- Have kids lightly color tooth with yellow chalk to represent plaque. Explain what the yellow chalk represents.
- Give each child a toothbrush. Use toothbrushes to practice proper tooth-brushing and remove "plaque" from tooth.
- Continue brushing until most of the yellow chalk has been removed or lightened.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Self help » Hygiene