Arts & Crafts
Fruit and Vegetable Book
Submitted by: masamom
Create a fruit and vegetable book.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 5 pieces Paper (Need 5 pieces per student)
- Crayons (Assorted colors)
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Stapler (Adult Use Only)
- Ahead of time, prepare the following pages with these titles: Book Cover:" ________'s Fruit and Vegetable Book", Page 1: "My favorite vegetable", Page 2:"My Favorite fruit", Page 3: "I would like to grow", and Page 4: "I would like to cook with".
- Begin activity by making a list of fruits and vegetables with kids.
- Give each child the 5 prepared pages of the book.
- Have child write name in blank on book cover page. Have child draw fruits and vegetables on book cover.
- Have child draw a picture to illustrate each of the remaining book pages. Help child write the fruit or vegetable name in the blank.
- Adult: Staple pages, in order, along left side to complete book.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Print concepts & conventions
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation