Arts & Crafts
Native American Headband
Submitted by: masamom
Create a Native American headband for Thanksgiving.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Strip of construction paper (Measure to fit around child's head)
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Adhesive foam shapes (Available at craft stores)
- Craft feathers
- Stapler (Adult Use Only)
- Measure construction paper strip to fit around child's head.
- Discuss the Native Americans and their role in the first Thanksgiving. Talk about their headbands.
- Have kids attach adhesive foam shapes to headband. Review shapes as kids attach them.
- Glue feathers onto headband as desired.
- Adult: Staple headband together for child.
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension