Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: Linda O
Small motor skills are engaged while creating this fun seasonal art.
12 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 piece Construction paper (Blue)
- 1 bag Cotton balls
- 1 Bowl and paintbrush for glue
- 1 bottle Craft glue
- 2 Pipe cleaners (or small sticks)
- Construction paper (for nose, eyes and hat)
- 1 pair Scissors
- Starting at the bottom of one sheet of blue construction paper, draw snow line.
- Above snow line, draw largest of three circles, which will be lower body of snowman.
- In the center, draw a medium-sized circle above lower body, to create space for middle body of snowman.
- Draw smallest circle, for snowman's head, above the medium circle.
- Spread glue (or paint glue on with brush) inside of each circle and along snow line.
- Attach cotton balls to the glue.
- Create arms from pipe cleaners or small sticks, and apply with glue.
- Create nose, eyes, hat and other embellishments from construction paper, and apply with glue.
- Allow to dry.