Father and His Sons
Submitted by: sumana
The moral of this story: United we stand, divided we will fall.
An old farmer was worried about his four quarrelsome sons. One day he became sick. He called his sons and asked them to bring him some sticks. The farmer gave each of his sons one stick. He asked them to break the stick, which they were able to do very easily. He then asked the elder son to bundle all the sticks and then try break them. He could not do so. The father then said to his sons, "See my sons, if you are separate, you can break easily. As long as you are tied together nobody will harm you." The boys took fathers advice and stopped quarrelling. From thereafter they lived in peace and made their father proud.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge
- Social & emotional development » Empathy
- Social & emotional development » Social connections » Relationships with peers
- Social & emotional development » Emotional expression & understanding