Arts & Crafts
Activity Flower Pot
Submitted by: Linda O
Rocks, twigs, pine cones, dirt and children's garden tools, contained in their own flower pot, provide toddlers with tactile experiences, small motor skill practice and endless hours of fun!
- 1 Large Plastic Flower Pot
- 1 bag Potting Soil
- 1 set Children's Garden Tools
- An ever-changing assortment of Organic Stimuli.
- Secure a large, unbreakable flower pot.
- Weight bottom of flower pot with several large rocks to enhance stability.
- Fill flower pot with soil, to within 6" of the top.
- Place hand tools in pot.
- Collect interesting rocks, twigs, leaves, cones and shells, for a changing tactile experience.
- Demonstrate tool usage and allow for discovery.
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Sensory processing » Touch » Textures