Arts & Crafts
Edible Holiday Art
Submitted by: Susanna
Create a healthy, edible holiday display with your tot. What will you design together? Maybe a Christmas tree, wreath, star, snowman, or even Santa.
24 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- Kiwis (sliced into circles, semi-circles and quarter circles)
- Strawberries (slice some horizontally and some vertically)
- Bananas (sliced into circles, semi-circles and quarter circles)
- Fruit (your child's favorites)
- Toothpicks (to help hold things together)
- Lemon juice (to preserve the creation)
- Wash hands. Give your child a blank plate.
- Let them choose what they want to make. Help them use the different shapes and colors to make their creation.
- If you want to save the creation for displaying later, squirt some lemon juice on it to keep the bananas from browning.