Arts & Crafts
Christmas Paper Chain
Submitted by: Susanna
Create a simple but festive decoration for Christmas, New Year's, or any holiday.
30 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- Construction paper (festive colored paper)
- Glue stick ((or double-sided tape))
- Cut the construction paper into strips that are 3-4 times as long as they are wide. This will allow room for overlap. For example: 2 inches by 8 inches.
- Show your child how to use the glue stick or stick tape on one side of the paper strips.
- Demonstrate how to stick the opposite end of the strip onto the sticky side to make a circle.
- Help your child thread a new strip through the last circle they made to continue the chain.