Arts & Crafts
Paper Cup Dragon
Submitted by: Susanna
Make a dragon for the Chinese New Year, also called Lunar New Year or the Spring Festival.
18 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- 6 Paper cups
- 1 Pens
- 1 Markers (one for face or more to decorate)
- Strips of colored paper
- Clear tape (doublesided, or a glue stick)
- Using the pen, punch holes into the bottom of each paper cup.
- Thread the ribbon through each hole, tying a knot at each end when you are finished. Leave enough ribbon at the head of the dragon to make a tongue out of the ribbon.
- Cut a "v" into the end of the ribbon at the head of the dragon, to make a forked tongue.
- Color the cups with markers.
- Stick double-sided tape on the end of the strips of paper. Then use these strips to add many "legs" to your dragon.
- Draw a dragon face either on the head cup or on a piece of paper and stick it to the head cup.
- Your Chinese dragon is finished!
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination