Arts & Crafts
Rainy Day Umbrella Art
Submitted by: masamom
Create a cute rainy day art project with simple materials.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 3 Cupcake Liners
- 2 Pipe cleaners (Cut in half)
- 1 Blue construction paper
- 1 Blue paint
- 1 Scissors (Adult use)
- Glue stick
- Fold cupcake liners in half. Poke a hole in the middle of the crease.
- Poke 1 pipe cleaner place through hole in top of cupcake liner. You want about 1/4 inch of pipe cleaner to show above cupcake liner. Curve bottom of pipe cleaner to create umbrella handle. Repeat for each cupcake liner.
- Glue cupcake liner/ pipe cleaner umbrellas onto blue construction paper. Set aside to dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Once umbrellas are dry, make blue fingerprint raindrops on blue construction paper all around umbrellas.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Fine motor skills