Arts & Crafts
Fork Painting Chick
Submitted by: masamom
Create a unique chick painting.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Fork
- 1 Yellow paint
- 1 Orange construction paper
- 2 Wiggly eyes
- 1 Glue Stick
- 1 Paper Plate (Can also use any type of thick paper or cardboard.)
- Dip back of fork into yellow paint. Make sure each tine is covered with paint.
- Starting at the center of your plate (or paper), make fork prints by dragging the fork toward the outside of the plate. Continue this until you have a big enough body for chick. Set aside to dry for at least 20 minutes.
- While chick is drying, cut beak and feet from orange construction paper.
- Once the chick is dry, glue eyes, beak, and feet onto chick body.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation