Arts & Crafts
Paper Plate Butterfly
Submitted by: masamom
Create an easy, spring-inspired butterfly.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Paper Plate
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- 1 Small pompom
- 2 Wiggly eyes
- 1 Pipe cleaner (Cut in half)
- Crayons (Assorted colors)
- 1 Glue stick
- Assorted rhinestones
- Cut a triangle shaped section from the top and bottom of the paper plate to form a bow-tie shaped butterfly body.
- Color paper plate as desired.
- Glue popsicle sticks side by side across middle of bow-tie shape.
- Glue eyes and pompom on top of popsicle sticks to create the butterfly face.
- Glue rhinestones onto butterfly wings as desired.
- Curl one end of each pipe cleaner to form antennae. Glue each pipe cleaner onto the back of the popsicle sticks.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge
- Fine motor skills