Arts & Crafts
Abe Lincoln Log Cabin Craft
Submitted by: masamom
Celebrate Presidents' Day with this craft honoring a former president.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Construction paper (1/2 sheet- any color)
- 25 Toothpicks
- 1 Brown construction paper
- 1 Penny
- Liquid glue
- Glue a solid square made of toothpicks at the bottom of the 1/2 sheet of construction paper. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a small rectangle, small square, and triangle out of brown construction paper. Triangle should be the same width as the toothpick square. The triangle will be the roof of the log cabin.
- Glue door (rectangle), window (square), and roof (triangle) onto toothpick square in correct places.
- Glue penny with Lincoln side facing up onto the window of the log cabin.
- Color trees beside log cabin.
- Set aside to dry for at least 15 minutes.