Conversation Heart Science
Submitted by: masamom
Practice critical thinking and have some fun with this science experiment.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Conversation hearts
- Clear soda
- 3 Clear cups
- Carefully, fill each cup 1/2 full of one of the 3 liquids.
- Before adding the conversation hearts, have children predict what will happen when they are added to each of the different liquids.
- Add a handful of conversation hearts to each liquid. Observe the results of adding the conversation hearts to the different liquids.
- Discuss whether the kids' predictions for each liquid were correct.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Language & communication » Language development » Gesturing & speaking
- Sensory processing » Sight