Arts & Crafts
Recycled Box Bookmarks
Submitted by: masamom
Encourage recycling with this environmentally-friendly project.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Recycled cardboard food box (Cereal boxes work well.)
- Hole Puncher
- Ribbon (Any color)
- Flatten box completely.
- Measure and draw a 6 inch by 2 inch rectangle on cardboard. Cut out.
- Hole punch a hole about an inch from the top of the rectangle.
- Cut a 6 inch piece of ribbon.
- Thread ribbon through hole. Tie ribbon in knot to secure.
- Leave as is or decorate further as desired.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge